The Galveston ISD Educational Foundation enriches the educational experience and prepares students for the future by providing financial support to educators, schools and students.
Support equitable opportunities and innovative learning environments for all GISD students and teachers to achieve success in life.
The GISD Educational Foundation…
- Is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit, tax exempt philanthropic organization independent of the Galveston Independent School District (GISD) but complementing it through partnership;
- Shares a vision of enhancing education in GISD schools;
- Works to increase private support for public education;
- Benefits GISD students and staff by supporting activities that extend beyond what tax dollars afford;
- Encourages and recognizes creative approaches to education through grants and involvement; and
- Is governed by a volunteer board of directors made up of business and community leaders.
We believe in our children: • Every child can learn • Every child should have equal access to learn, grow, and become successful adults • All children possess exceptional talent to reach their dreams • Each child deserves an abundance of exceptional educational experiences
We believe in our district: • In a district where each and every student is a prepared, confident leader who is comfortable in any culture and knows he/she will succeed given any situation • Everyone has a voice and is a participant • That in all actions everyone will be treated with respect and dignity • In a district that supports and rewards staff who provide exceptional educational experiences • GISD students are better prepared for the real world because of our diversity and their experiences in our community and schools • All children and staff deserve their schools to be a safe and effective place to learn, work, play, and heal • GISD can be one of the premier school districts in the nation
We believe in our community: • Galveston cares about its children • Galveston strongly supports quality public education • Galvestonians will invest in teachers and students • Galveston wants students and teachers to have the tools for success